If you’re a Super Admin of G Suite and are using the GAT Shield tool to report the geolocation of your users and you notice that location information being reported by Shield extension is not accurate on Windows devices, there may be a reason for that. In this article, I will explain what steps you need to make to ensure location reporting is improved.
On the problematic Windows device do the following:
- On her Windows device, Go to the System settings on Windows 10
- Choose Privacy
- Go to the Location tab
- Make sure that location permission is turned ON.
- Paste this to the URL: chrome://flags#enable-winrt-
- Make sure that WinRT Geolocation flag is enabled
- Restart the Chrome browser.
From this point, the GAT Shield extension will correctly report the location of the device.