Search filters in GAT+
GAT+ is an Audit tool for Google Workspace Domains.
As such a tool it provides a very extensive set of Filters that can be applied in each section of your Workspace Domain.
Below we’ll cover some of the most common search parameters used in the Drive audit. We provide a large list of parameters and operants to find files/folders within Google Drive.
Click on the funnel icon also known as the ‘Apply custom filter’ button.
This button is available everywhere within the GAT+ set of tools.
A pop-up menu will appear. Filters are divided into Types and Definition sets of Parameters and Operants.
In Type you can select multiple options, the default will be “Simple filter”. Selecting it will display other options.
- Simple filter
- Title / Description Search
- Folder / Shared drive Search
- User / Group / OU Search
- Files by Event type / Date and User
- Files by User Status
Each of those “Types” allows different search options.
The “Simple filter” enabled the Admin to apply a simple filter and use the “Definition” and apply any search options.
Full content search
Full Content Search allows Admin to apply a query and search in the “Content” of the file for the chosen “query”.
- Query – enter the query (text) that have to match the content of the file
- Local User/Group – enter the user or group of users
- Org. – enter the Organization Unit
- Include sub.org. – select to include the sub. ou of the above selected Org.Unit
Full Content Search can be combined with search options in Definition
An example can be found here
Title / Description Search
Title / Description Search allows Admins to find a file based on the Title of the File
- Terms – enter the “title” of the file needed.
- Most punctuation is considered delimiters, except a hyphen-minus (-) that negates term or double quotes that specify a phrase (some phrase”)
- Case sensitive – select the check-mark to be case sensitive or not
- Sort by text score – Represent the relevance of the result of the query
- Sort by text score, which represents the relevance of the result to the query. Both text columns are considered, but they are not equally important. The order of importance is: Title, Description.
Title / Description Search can be combined with search options in Definition
Folder / Shared Drive Search allows Admins to find files based on the File ID
Insert a Folder ID / Shared Drive ID or find a folder first and choose this filter from the dropdown near a folder Tittle
- Folder / Shared Drive ID – enter the Folder ID or Shared Drive ID
- Recursive – set up recursive option, to include the Folder and its content
- All except – all except the folder and its subfolders contents (shared contents will still be returned)
Folder / Shared Drive ID can be combined with search options in Definition
User/ Group/ OU Search
User/Group/OU Search allows Admins to search by using User or Group Email or selecting Org. Unit (include sub. org) and selecting the ownership
Enter the details for the user you are looking for.
- Local user’s email / Group’s email – enter the email of the user or group
- Org – enter the Organization unit for the users needed
- Include sub.org – enable to include or not sub.org of the above Org. unit
- Ownership – select the ownership needed
- Any – select any ownership, whether the files are owned or not by the selected user/s
- Owned – select if you want the users to also be owners of the files
- Not owned – select if you want the users not to be owners of the files
User/Group/OU Search can be combined with search options in Definition
Files by Event Type / Date and User
Files by Event Type / Date and User allow Admins to search for User, Event Type, and Date when the event has occurred
- User email – enter the user email
- Date since – select the date “since” the event has occurred
- Event type – select any of the events that occurred
- Document Access Scope Change
- Visibility Change
- ACL Change
- Shared Drive Membership Change
- Shared Drive Membership Change
Files by Event Type / Date and User can be combined with search options in Definition
Files by User Status
Files by User Status allows Admins to search for Files based on the Owner status
Search for Files where owner status is:
- Admin – select and pick the status of the owner, whether they are an admin or not
- Suspend – select and pick the status of the owner, whether the owner is suspended or not
- Deleted – select and pick the status of the owner, whether the owner is deleted or not
Files by User Status can be combined with search options in Definition
Duplicated Files allows Admins to search for Drive files that are duplicated
Important: md5 field is not available for files scanned before March 2021, contact support to request a full re-scan. Set a more restrictive filter if the query times out
Under Definition, we allow a variety of search options so Admin can find anything they need.
For Search parameters, we also have multiple different options to assist in finding the exact files/folders/data you need.
Set the “Type” to Simple filter and under “Definition” select Owner equal user’s email address.
Select the Owner parameter equal to UserX’s email address. If you wish not to enter the entire email address then change equal to contains (case insensitive).
Click on “+ Add rule” to add additional filters and combine different search parameters to find what you need.
You can also combine the Searches
Select Type = User / Group / OU Search and add it on top of the previous example
The owner contains (case insensitive) email@example.com and Sharing flag contains Shared out
The result will be different as it will combine the two different search options and the results will be based on them.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you tried GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.