Below we’ll cover some of the most common search parameters used in Drive audit. We provide a large list of parameters to find files/folders within Drive.
To get started
Click on the funnel icon also known as ‘Custom apply filter’ button.
In the menu which appears the default type is set to Simple Filter.
Select Owner parameter equal to UserX’s email address. If you wish not to enter the entire email address then change equal to contains (case insensitive).
Other Search parameters are as follows:
- Managers – This is related to Shared Drives roles, Managers roles allow users to permanently remove content and modify Share Drive name and membership. Here is a list of other Shared Drive access levels.
- Users – This search parameter returns files which can be edited, read or are owned by UserX
- Owner – This search parameter returns all files created and owned by UserX
- Contributors – This search parameter will return files which can be edited by UserX
- Viewers – This search parameter will return files which can be viewed or read by UserX
- Commenters – This search parameter will return files that can be commented by UserX
You can use multiple search parameters at the same time. In the below screenshot, I used two search parameters with a logical AND.
- Owner contains (case insensitive) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Created (relative) in the last X days = 30
That means show files/folders created by david in the last 30 days.