GAT Shield now allows admins to disable the Zoom Chrome Browser.
This feature is useful for schools if they want to block Zoom access for students, or if you want to block Zoom Access for your G Suite users during working hours.
To do this:
- Open GAT Shield.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- And click on Zoom Access.
- The first option is to Disable Zoom by selecting the checkmark option ‘checked’ for Zoom disabled and ‘unchecked’ for the rule not to be applied.
- Select ‘Scope’ and choose the users who you want to block from using Zoom.
- Check the ‘include sub. org units’ if desired
- Save and the rule will be applied.
Once the rule for blocking Zoom access is applied it will take about 15-20 min for the rule to propagate to all of your users.
Note: If Scope is not selected and the ‘Disable Zoom’ is selected – the rule will be applied for all users all the time – until the rule is ‘Deactivated’ by all options being ’empty’.
Note: Disabling Zoom and blocking Zoom chat will work only on Chrome Browsing activity.
It will not block the Zoom application installed on the device.
If you have any problems or questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org