Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is making Assignments generally available as a Core Service for Google Workspace for Education customers. It was previously available in beta. Assignments is an add-on for your school’s learning management system (LMS), which simplifies the process of creating and grading coursework with flexible, collaborative, and easy-to-use tools.
You can use Google Workspace for Education tools to optimize your assignment workflows, including:
- Distributing personalized Google Drive templates and worksheets to students
- Enabling students to submit Google Drive files as assignments
- Analyzing student work for plagiarism and fostering authentic writing with originality reports
- Providing feedback and grades which sync to your LMS gradebook
See the Google for Education blog for more information on how Assignments brings the Google Workspace experience to your LMS.
- Admins: Assignments works as a Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) tool integrated within your LMS. It must be installed or configured in your school’s LMS before any instructor or user can start using it. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to set up Assignments for your organization.
- Instructors and end users: No action needed until Assignments is enabled by an admin. Once enabled, use the Help Center to learn more about how Assignments works.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 11, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace for Education and Google Workspace Enterprise for Education customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace Enterprise, Google Workspace for Nonprofits, Google Workspace Essentials, and Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials customers