Project Description📖 2 mins read
Why you’d use it
Previously, admins could trust or limit access by specific apps. Now, Google is streamlining this to make it easier to manage potentially thousands of apps, and to help you to more quickly block apps when needed. By adding an option to block an app, you can quickly and efficiently protect data when an app is compromised or high-risk.
- Admins: Go to Admin console > API controls > App access control to start using the feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to control which third-party & internal apps access Google Workspace data.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on July 21, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace Enterprise, Google Workspace for Education, Google Workspace Enterprise for Education, and Google Workspace for Nonprofits customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials and Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials customers