Google is changing the default scope for delegated admins with the “Service Settings” privilege.
As a result, some admins may need to be re-granted access to the security center.
Previously, when an admin was assigned the “Service Settings” privilege, the “Security Center” privilege was also checked by default. Now, the “Security Center” must be granted specifically. As a result of this change, some delegated admins may lose their security center privileges. If this happens to an admin that should have access to the security center, a Super Admin of the domain can grant them (or the administrator role they are assigned) permission at Admin console > Admin roles.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default. Use Google’s Help Center to learn more about administrator roles or granting security management privileges in G Suite.
- End users: No impact to end users.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on Feb 3, 2020.
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on Feb 3, 2020.
- Available to all G Suite customers