Google is launching a beta program to let you use the Google Assistant on the Asus Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit. This hardware can now respond to voice commands to join a meeting, exit a meeting, call a phone number, and turn on spoken feedback.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Using the Google Assistant to control the Asus Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit can help:
- Create a more seamless meeting experience with simple and quick voice commands
- Increase accessibility by making it easier to activate spoken feedback
How to get started
- Admins: Apply to be part of the beta program using this form.
- End users: No action required.
This beta currently only supports the Asus Hangouts Meet hardware kit. Configuration for use must include all of the following:
- Chromebox CN62 or CN65 connected with a Hangouts Meet Hardware speaker mic and MIMO touchscreen
- Chrome version set to 72 or later
- Available in English only
G Suite editions
- All G Suite editions are invited to apply to the beta program.
On/off by default?
- These features will be OFF by default. Admins can apply to the beta program using this form.