Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is making it possible to issue digital certificates to iOS and Android devices for secure access even when those devices are not connected to the corporate network.
This will make it easier to provide new mobile devices with identification, authentication, and access to G Suite and other corporate resources.
This is available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers using Google Endpoint Management via an on-premises connector.
Why it’s important
Certificates are an important way to identify and authenticate mobile devices so they are able to securely access corporate resources. These resources can include G Suite, enterprise WiFi hotspots, and more.
Some customers include a requirement for devices to be on-premise and protected by a firewall in order to distribute device certificates. As some users can no longer access corporate locations and networks, customers need a way to issue these certificates remotely.
By providing this feature, Google is helping these customers keep their employees connected and productive even when they’re not in the office.
- Admins: Use our Help Center to learn more about how to set up certificates for managed mobile devices.
- End users: There is no end-user setting for this feature.
- This feature is available now.
- Available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, G Suite for Nonprofits, and Cloud Identity Free customers
InfoSec Blogger and Content Marketing Editor ☁️