Project Description📖 < 1 min read
You can now configure the access permissions for an LDAP client by group. Previously, controls were only available at the organizational unit (OU) level.
LDAP clients are in the secure LDAP service, which enables users to access traditional LDAP-based apps and IT infrastructure using their Google Workspace credentials. This new feature allows you to allow or prevent specific groups of users from signing in to an application. This can help you make sure only appropriate users are able to access and use specific applications.
- Admins: You can add group-based controls to LDAP clients you have already configured, as well as any new clients you set up. Use the Help Center to learn more about how to add and connect new LDAP clients and configure access permissions for LDAP clients.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 9, 2020
- Google Workspace Enterprise, Google Workspace for Education, Google Workspace Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace for Nonprofits, and Cloud Identity Free customers