Project Description📖 < 1 min read
All Google Workspace customers can use Hangouts Meet today for easy-to-join video calls, but Google will soon enable free access to more advanced features, including:
- Larger meetings for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100K viewers within domain
- Record meetings to Google Drive
These features are typically only available in the Enterprise and Enterprise for Education editions of Google Workspace, but they’ll be available to all Google Workspace editions at no additional cost until July 1, 2020.
- Admins: If you haven’t yet done so, enable Meet video calling for your organization. You can then turn on live streaming and recording.
- Google Workspace Basic, Business, and Nonprofit customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level.
- Google Workspace for Education customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. See Google’s FAQ in the Help Center for additional education-specific considerations when enabling Meet and these features.
- Google Workspace Enterprise and Enterprise for Education customers: These features are already available in your domain and will continue to respect your current settings.
- End users: Once enabled in the Admin console, end users can live stream and record meetings. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to live stream and record a meeting.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Free access to advanced features will begin rolling out this week and should be available to all Google Workspace customers within 2–3 weeks.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers