Project Description📖 2 mins read
Today, Google announced several new features that will help administrators, teachers, and students be more productive using their tools. See the Google for Education blog to learn more about these features and other upcoming launches in Google for Education.
Announced improvements to Google Classroom include:
- New to-do widgets: Google is adding a to-do widget for students and a to-review widget for teachers to help keep track of work in Google Classroom. Learn more.
- Join classes via link: Teachers can now send out links to classes, which students can join with a single click. This can help educators share classes anywhere they communicate with students, including messaging platforms. Learn more.
- Student information systems (SIS) grade export: You can now export grades from Gradebook to your SIS. This can make it easier to keep track of grades in one central location. Learn more.
- Support for new languages: Google is launching Classroom in 10 additional Indian languages. Soon, Classroom will support over 54 languages globally.
In addition to these improvements, Google is also making other changes:
- Assignments now generally available: Assignments will move from beta to general availability. Learn more.
- Applied Digital Skills integration: You can now connect your Google Classroom account with Applied Digital Skills to import classes, student rosters, and assign Applied Digital Skills lessons more seamlessly. Learn more.
See the Google for Education blog to learn more about these features and other upcoming launches in Google for Education.
Admins, teachers, and end users
- Admins and teachers: Visit the Help Center to learn more about viewing students’ work, how to invite your students to class, exporting grades to SIS, and using Applied Digital Skills with Google Classroom.
- End users: There are no end user settings for these features.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 11, 2020
- Available to all Google Workspace editions.