Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is launching new features for the Google Drive mobile apps that will help you search more quickly and efficiently. Now, Android and iOS users with the latest versions of the Drive app will be able to:
- See and re-run recent desktop and mobile searches.
- View and select intelligent suggestions as they type, including suggestions for people, past searches, and keywords, as well as recently accessed files.
Why it’s important
With changes in working patterns due to COVID-19, more people need to get work done even when they’re away from their desk. Finding files quickly and easily on your phone helps ensure you can still share, review, collaborate, and create, wherever you are.
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users: This feature will be enabled with the latest versions of the Drive Android and iOS apps. Web and App Activity must be enabled for your account. Once the app is updated, you can use improved search by typing within the search bar.
- Rapid and Scheduled release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 9, 2020 for users with the latest versions of the Drive Android and iOS apps
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!