📖 2 mins read
Google Workspace is now Google Workspace: everything you need to get anything done, all in one place. Google Workspace features:
- a deeply integrated user experience that helps teams collaborate more effectively, frontline workers stay connected, and businesses power new digital customer experiences.
- a new brand identity that reflects Google’s ambitious product vision and the way its products work together.
- new ways to get started with solutions tailored to the unique needs of Google’s broad range of customers.
As part of this, Google is evolving its offerings to better serve the diverse purchasing needs of its large and expanding customer base.
- For smaller businesses, Google is introducing tailored offerings that make it easy and cost-effective to get started with Google Workspace— including best-in-class collaboration and productivity tools, security protections, and administrative controls.
- For larger enterprises, Google is introducing a set of offerings with additional productivity features, enterprise-grade administrative controls, and its most advanced security and compliance capabilities, available at both the team and organization level.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
Basic, Business, and Enterprise customers
As an existing Google Workspace Basic, Business, or Enterprise customer, you can rest assured Google will give you the time and support needed to transition to one of these new offerings. Please look for an email to the primary administrator in your domain arriving no later than Friday, October 16. This email will outline the specific impact to your organization and who to contact for more info.
Education and Nonprofit customers
Google is also bringing Google Workspace to its education and nonprofit customers in the coming months. Education customers can continue to access Google’s tools via Google Workspace for Education, including Classroom, Assignments, Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Meet. Google Workspace for Nonprofits will continue to be available to eligible organizations through the Google for Nonprofits program.
Google Workspace Essentials will now be called Google Workspace Essentials. There are no additional changes to Essentials at this time.
The productivity apps you know and love in Google Workspace aren’t going away—Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Chat, and all the others will continue to be the foundation of the Google Workspace experience. In the future, Google will continue to evolve its products to be more flexible, more helpful, and simpler.
Admins: Primary domain administrators will receive an email from Google no later than Friday, October 16. This email will outline the specific impact to your organization and who to contact for more info.
End users: End users will see the new Google Workspace name and icons reflected across our products and properties over the course of the next several weeks.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Google Workspace is now Google Workspace. You’ll see the new name and icons reflected across Google’s products and properties over the course of the next several weeks.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!