Project Description📖 2 mins read
Google is announcing new integrations with its BeyondCorp Alliance partners Check Point and Lookout. The integrations, initially available in beta, are built using the Devices API and enable customers to use third party signals in context-aware access decisions.
Why it’s important
In the BeyondCorp security model, device inventory, state, and security posture are central to making context-aware access decisions. So far Google’s context-aware access solution obtained these signals from first party (i.e. Google) sources, such as Endpoint Verification. However Google’s vision has always been to help customers to fully leverage their existing investments in security tools and controls, add key functionality and signals to Google’s context-aware access to achieve superior access control security posture for its customers.
The BeyondCorp Alliance is a group of partners that share Google’s Zero Trust vision and who are committed to working with Google to help their joint customers make it a reality.
Today, Google announces the first integrations (in beta) with BeyondCorp Alliance partners Check Point and Lookout, to use third party signals in its context-aware access decisions. For example, the mobile threat defence system might detect malware on the device and notify Google about a reduced security assurance, and customer-defined access rules can reduce the level of access allowed from such devices, without impacting access for that user from other devices or for other users.
The integrations are built using the new Devices API Google announced earlier this year. The API was designed to be used by partners in the BeyondCorp Alliance to add device security metadata, and also by customers to manage their device fleet.
- Admins: Google customers who use Checkpoint or Lookout as their mobile threat defense solutions can benefit from the integration. Visit the Help Center for more information and to learn more about how to set up third-party partner integrations. You can also see blog posts by Google’s partners to see more about how you can use Check Point or Lookout solutions as part of this integration.
- End users: No impact for end users.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 2, 2020
- Available to Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Education, and Nonprofits customers