Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is adding new features to help you customize chart axes in Google Sheets and better visualize your data in charts. The new options are:
- Add major and minor tick marks to charts.
- Customize tick mark location (inner, outer, and cross) and style (color, length, and thickness).
- Set the precise numeric spacing between major and minor axis ticks or grid lines.
- Choose to show or remove the line that marks the axis.
See how this works in the images below:
Customize the location and style of tick marks.
Set the spacing between tick marks and grid lines.
Choose to show or remove axis lines
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about customizing axes in Google Sheets.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on 06/29/2020.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on 07/20/2020.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers and users with personal accounts.