Google is updating the user interface for comments and action items in the Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps for Android. Some of the changes you may notice include:
- Larger, clearer interface to make it easier to see comments and their context in a document.
- Shortcuts and gestures to help you quickly scroll through and respond to multiple comments.
- Quick access button to reply, “@” mention someone, and assign action items.
Why it matters
Commenting is a powerful way to collaborate on documents while remote. Comments can help you ask questions, document discussions, make sure other users see something, assign action items, and more. They’re particularly useful when working remotely, enabling multiple users to be part of discussions whenever and wherever it’s convenient for them.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. To get started, tap on a comment when using the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app on an Android device. Use the Help Center to learn more about using comments and action items on Android.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 9, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal accounts.