Project Description📖 2 mins read
Google is adding three new features to the Google Meet Hardware section of the Admin console:
In addition to the “Device status” column on the Device list page, Google added columns for connection status and peripheral status. These new columns will help you filter your device list in order to easily discover and troubleshoot issues, and identify devices with missing peripherals.
Additionally, there is a new column management widget which you can use to quickly create customized views and sort through your devices faster.
There are two new options for setting the default volume behavior on Meet Hardware devices:
- Preset volume mode: You can set a numerical value between 0 and 100 that devices will automatically use at the beginning of every call.
- Smart volume mode: This mode will automatically determine the best volume for the room by averaging the volume set by users in the five most recent calls.
The default volume behavior for a single device can be set on its Device detail page. For a group of devices, use the bulk action option from the Device list page.
Note that end users can still modify the volume on a device according to their preference regardless of the default volume selection.
Static Device list URLs:
Device list filters will now be uniquely encoded into the page’s URL. This makes it easy for admins who are responsible for specific organizational units or devices to bookmark a customized view or share it among team members.
- Admins: You’ll see these updates in the Admin console under Devices > Google Meet Hardware.
- End users: No action required
Peripheral status and Default volume
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 8, 2021
Static Device list URLs
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 12, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers in organizations with Google Meet Hardware
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!