Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is updating the user interface (UI) of the Google Meet mobile apps for Android and iOS. The new mobile UI will have the same look and feel as that of the meeting experience in the Gmail app.
A new look and feel for Google Meet mobile apps
In addition to the revamped design, you’ll now see a New Meeting button. When you tap on this button, you’ll see three options:
- Get meeting joining info to share with others.
- Start a Meet call instantly.
- Schedule a new meeting in Google Calendar.
New options for new meetings in Google Meet mobile apps
This new UI is rolling out on iOS now; check back for an update on this post when the rollout to Android begins.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This new UI will appear by default once you’ve upgraded your Meet iOS app to version 45 or above.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available on iOS now.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Coming soon. Check back for an update on this post when the rollout to Android begins.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google Accounts
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!