Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google is making Office editing available on iOS. This feature brings the collaborative and assistive features of Google Workspace to your Microsoft Office files when you’re using your iOS device. Already available on the web and Android, it:
- Allows you to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files using Google Docs’, Sheets’, and Slides’ powerful real-time collaboration tools.
- Improves sharing options, improves sharing controls, and reduces the need to download and email file attachments.
- Streamlines workflows by reducing the need to convert file types.
Office editing will replace Quickoffice (sometimes known as Office Compatibility Mode), which has more limited functionality and collaboration capabilities. See more about Office editing in our announcement for the feature on the web.
- Admins: Use the Help Center to learn more about managing Office editing for your organization.
- End users: This feature will be on by default. Use our Help Center to learn more about working with Office files using Office editing. To use the feature, make sure your Google Drive app is up to date.
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!