Why you’d use them
Help students turn in their best work
Originality reports check a student’s work for matches across billions of web pages and books. This can make it easier for instructors to evaluate the academic integrity of the student’s work and provide them with constructive feedback.
Students can also use originality reports to check for missed citations or poor paraphrasing before they turn in a document. This gives them the opportunity to improve their work and learn from their mistakes before final submissions.
Enhance feedback to students with rubrics
A rubric is a scoring framework that makes it easier for educators to evaluate student assignments, set clear expectations, and provide actionable feedback.
With the new rubrics feature, educators can now:
- Create a rubric as they create an assignment.
- Reuse rubrics from previous assignments rather than creating them from scratch.
- Export and import Classroom rubrics to share with other instructors.
- Grade students work with a rubric from both the “student listing page” and Classroom’s grading view, where instructors can select rating levels as they review the assignment.
Additionally, rubrics can be helpful for business users. For example, you can create a rubric to assess marketing plans or performance in key business areas.
Language availability for originality reports:
Note that originality reports are only available in English and for Google Docs at the moment. See below for details on expanded language options available in beta.
Number of originality reports available per assignment:
Classroom instructors can enable originality reports on three assignments per class for free. Instructors who use G Suite Enterprise for Education can turn on originality reports for unlimited assignments per class.
Regardless of what G Suite for Education edition their instructor uses, students can run originality reports on a document three times per assignment before submitting. When students submit their work, a new originality report is created for the instructor.
More options for originality reports available in beta:
International language options: Originality reports are launching in beta for the following languages: French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Student-to-student comparison: Originality reports will also compare student work against past student submissions within a school’s domain. This feature is only available to G Suite Enterprise for Education customers.
You can learn more and sign up for these betas using this form.
Originality reports: Once originality reports are available in your domain, instructors can turn them on per assignment by checking the originality reports checkbox within the assignment creation process.
- Originality reports
Originality reports and rubrics:
- Available to G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers and Classroom users
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Business, and G Suite for Nonprofits customers
- International language options for originality reports: available to G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers.
- Student-to-student comparison: available to G Suite Enterprise for Education customers only.
- Rubrics for Classroom was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.