Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google expanding tile view layouts for Google Meet on iOS and Android to deliver a consistent user experience across platforms.
Gradual rollout is in progress now for iOS, with rollout to Android to begin around the end of March. With this update, you can now:
- Get an identical user experience whether you’re using Google Meet in Gmail or the Google Meet standalone app.
- See up to 8 video feeds on phones.
- See up to 48 video feeds on selected iPads.
See 8 video feeds on phones
See up to 48 video feeds on selected iPads
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. When you join any Google Meet call on mobile, (iPhone, iPad, and in coming weeks Android phones), you will automatically see the grid layout. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to view people in Google Meet.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as Google Workspace Basic and Google Workspace Business customers. Also available if you’re using Google Meet with a personal Google account.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!