Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google recently announced betas for two new features related to service accounts. Now, these features are generally available:
- Support for service accounts in Google Groups, which makes it easier to use service accounts with groups while increasing security and transparency. Learn more.
- Use service accounts with Google Groups APIs without domain-wide delegation, which enables service accounts to perform critical business processes without compromising your strong security and compliance posture. Learn more.
Groups are a critical tool for customers to manage their Google Workspace deployment. Many customers use service accounts with Groups to automate user management, manage migrations, and integrate Google Workspace with other apps, tools, and services. Use the announcements linked above to learn more about the features and how you can use them.
Service accounts in Google Groups
- Admins: These features will be available by default. Get started with the setup guide for authenticating with the Groups API. Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Groups for your organization, creating service accounts, using the Cloud Identity Groups API, or checking Audit logs in the Admin console.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: These features are available now for all users.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers