Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Meeting organizers in Google Workspace for Education and Enterprise for Education domains can now turn Quick access on or off for a meeting from the event in Google Calendar.
The Quick access setting helps organizers control if participants must ask to join the video meeting. By adding controls to calendar events, organizers can configure the setting appropriately in advance of the meeting. Previously, the setting could only be controlled via the Host controls menu during the meeting.
As announced, the Quick access setting is now “sticky” for recurring meetings. That means that if you change the setting—either before the meeting via Google Calendar or during the meeting via in-call settings—it will be saved for any future meetings that use the same meeting code.
Control Quick access from the event in Google Calendar
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: Quick access is turned ON by default for all meetings. It can be turned off or on for each meeting, and any changes will be saved for future meetings that use the same meeting code. Visit the Help Center to learn more about Quick access.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on December 15, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace for Education and Enterprise for Education customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!