GAT+ allows admin to copy multiple files and folders and place them in other user’s Drive.
This feature requires Unlock
1. Open GAT+ and navigated to Drive audit.
2. Apply filter and search for files and folders you would want to copy.
3. Select the files or folders you want to copy.
4. Click on File operations and select Selected file copy
5. A pop-up window with details will be displayed
Note: Externally owned files can ONLY be copied if a local user has EDIT rights ot the file.
Files shared ‘Read only’ can not be copied. This is Google restriction.
5.1 We have recently added the option to ‘preserve the original create date’ check the box to enable this option.
6. Click on Next to proceed
7. A new window will be displayed.
Note: We recommend choosing specific folder where you place the copied files and folders
As if they are in user’s Drive main folder it might be hard to navigate and see the exact copied files.
8. Select the user where the copied files will be placed into.
9. Choose where exactly to be located
Use Advanced mode to Manually set Parent Folder ID
10. Click on Send request to get approval by the Security officer of your domain.
11. An email will be generated and sent to the Security officers with details.
12. The progress can be tracked in the Admin log.
13. As a result, the files and folders that are selected will be copied and moved into the destination folder and it will be owned by the different users.
You can view how to copy externally owned folders here
My life has been anything but boring! From snowboarding in the Andes to sleeping under the stars in the Sahara Desert to surfing the beaches of Costa Rica, these results have been possible because of two words: Hard Work. I have always been passionate about Tech Trends, building relationships and adopting concepts that better myself, my skills and my experience, throughout my career.