GAT Flow allows Event workflows to be created.
This is useful when you want action from Flow (Modify and Offboard) to be triggered based on the Event of adding a user to Group or OU
For example: When a user is moved selected Group or Org.Unit more information can be found here
From GAT+ navigate and open Flow
A new window (GAT Flow) will be opened.
From the menu on the left click on Event workflow
Add new workflow
From the top right corner click on Add new workflow
A new window menu will be displayed.
Under “Workflow type” fill in the details required.
- Name – Enter the name of the event workflow
- Type – Select one of the two options
- Event – Select one of the two options
- Start when a user is moved to an Org. Unit
- Start when a user is moved to Google group
- Active – Activate the flow
- Value – Add the group or org.unit
- Pre-approved –
- Enabled – workflow will be automatically approved and started
- Disable – workflow need to be approved by the Security officer
Click on Next to proceed
In Choose actions click on and select “Folder permission change“
Fill in the details.
- Type – Add or Remove user
- File type – File/Folder or Shared drive
- Scope – What access the user can have
- File/Folder it can be Viewer, Commenter or Editor
- Shared drive it can be Viewer, Commenter, Editor, Manager or Content manager
Security officer approval
Click on Send approval request.
The request will be saved in Event workflow – it can be edited, while in “requested” status from the options (pen-icon) on the right.
Note: When approved – Status will be changed to “approved” – and it can no longer be edited.
An email notification will be sent to the Security officer.
Selecting the link provided will lead them to the approval page where it can be Approved or Denied.
Since we selected pre-approved you can see the Workflow as approved.
Note: If Pre-approved disabled – The workflow would need to be approved.
The Event workflow is created and already approved.
As a result, every time a user is moved to the selected group (Value=Sales) the workflow will be triggered.
The user added to the “sales” group will be added as Viewer to the chosen “G Suite” shared drive automatically.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.