GAT Shield now allows admins to Block Access to Zoom Chats but also you can restrict the access time to your Google Users, to do this:
- Open GAT Shield.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- And click on Zoom Access
- The first option is to Block Zoom Chat by selecting the checkmark option ‘checked’ for Block Zoom Chat disabled and ‘unchecked’ for the rule not applied
- Then click in Time Restriction by selecting the checkmark option ‘checked’ for Time Restriction and ‘unchecked’ for the rule not to be applied.
- This action will display a new section where you can select the blocking time from Start to End as well as the days that you want to apply the rule for, these days will appear in grey when it is inactive and dark blue when it is active.
- Select ‘Scope’ and choose the users who you want to block from using Zoom chat, in the dropdown menu, you can select a user, group, or organization unit.
- Save and the rule will be applied.
Once the rule for blocking Zoom chat is applied it will take about 15-20 min for the rule to propagate to all of your users.
Note: If Scope and Time Restriction are not selected and the ‘Block Zoom Chat’ is selected – the rule will be applied for all users all the time – until the rule is ‘Deactivated’ by all options being ’empty’.
Note: Disabling Zoom and blocking Zoom chat will work only on Chrome Browsing activity.
It will not block the Zoom application installed on the device.
If you have any problems or questions feel free to reach out to email@example.com
My life has been anything but boring! From snowboarding in the Andes to sleeping under the stars in the Sahara Desert to surfing the beaches of Costa Rica, these results have been possible because of two words: Hard Work. I have always been passionate about Tech Trends, building relationships and adopting concepts that better myself, my skills and my experience, throughout my career.