Launch GAT+ and navigate to the ‘Drive’ section.
Filtering required files
Select the files you wish to change ownership of (example: documents by a specific user). Use a specific filter for your needs.
Select the files you would like to transfer ownership and click on Remove permissions.
- Select notify local users as ‘Owner’.
- You can add a message to the users.
- When you run the report each affected owner will receive your message, along with a list of the files they own that are affected.
- Run the permission changes report while selecting the ‘Report only’ setting.
The above step is for best practice and entirely optional.
File Management: Changing to a new owner
- Again select the File Operations drop-down.
- This time select ‘File Management‘
You can also add, Remove, or Replace sharing permissions. In the Summary tab, select ‘send request’ for approval.
The request will be sent to the ‘Security Officer’, who will approve or deny the operation.
When the request is approved the selected files will be with a new owner.
If you do not want the existing owners to be editors then select ‘Remove other permissions’. This will remove all other access permissions, including readers.You can “Remove other permissions by selecting the checkmark, and remove (old owner from having any access to the file as by default when ownership is changed the Old Owner becomes automatically an Editor of the files)
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.