GAT Shield has 3 category selections for choosing what section of users is monitored.
Admins can choose to monitor users by Network, Users, and Chrome Device Monitored.
Admin can select Network Monitored – Allowlist.
- Network monitored list
- If blank GAT Shield will collect data and sync configuration for all networks, else only for specified network/hosts
- For network addresses (that must end with a CIDR) Shield will collect data for all hosts inside this network. Use a semicolon to separate addresses.
- For a device with multiple IP addresses (on different interfaces) if just one address matches the allow list then the device will be considered to be allowed.
- Network not monitored list
- Shield UUID(s) exclusions from the allow list. Overrides above rule.
Fill in the details for Users monitored.
- Users monitored list:
- If blank GAT Shield will collect data and sync configuration for all users, else only specified.
- Users not monitored list:
- If set GAT Shield will NOT collect data and sync configuration for users specified. Overrides the above rule.
Chrome Devices monitored
Admins can select to monitor by Chrome Device, based on device serial number. Select all registered Chrome devices at once.
This is particularly useful for schools as it allows Admins only to monitor activity on school-owned Chromebooks.
- Device monitored list:
- If blank GAT Shield will collect data and sync configuration for all devices, else only specified.
- Devices not monitored list:
- If set GAT Shield will NOT collect data and sync configuration for devices specified. Overrides the above rule.
- Enrolled devices only:
- Monitor ONLY enrolled ChromeOS Devices with known serial numbers. Devices that are NOT enrolled ChromeOS devices will NOT be monitored.
An admin can perform IP Mapping – which allows them to add an IP address and set it up to a specific name.
The IP can be added to a meaningful name for convenience and visibility on other sections, where the IP is visible.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.