GAT+ allows an admin to set up a rule on files and remove Sharing permissions.
Remove the following external shares “Public” OR “Public with link” if the file hasn’t been accessed for X amount of days.
- In GAT+ open Drive audit search for the files, you want to set the rules.
- Once you find the files click on the Files operations button.
- Selecting Remove permissions will open a new window where you can set up the rule to remove the External sharesNote: permissions public, public with link is the same as everyone and everyone with link
- Select the option Remove only the following External Shares:
- In Shares to remove – add the sharing permissions such as public, everyone with link, valid emails, domains
- Under Only accessed enter a number of days since the file was accessed. Files with last recorded last access date will be affected.
- Click on “Run” to apply the rule for the selected files.
- This way of removing permission can be added as a scheduled report. In Drive audit apply a filter for files shared out.
- Set this as scheduled report by picking occurrence and selecting apply & schedule.
- Under Configuration open Scheduled reports find the report we applied above and under Actions select Job Action edit (+) sign.
- A window will pop-up, select Remove only following External Shares pick up the shares you want to remove and set the time Only accessed X days ago only files with the last recorded last access date will be affected.
- With the report above, every month all files shared out ( depending on the searches you have done) every month a report will be generated, and the external shares (everyone, public with link, etc) will be removed from all those files IF the files last recorded last access date is more than the time set.