Finding a specific file type in your G Suite domain is made easy with GAT+ using the powerful options available in the filter section.
Here’s how to find a Google Drive file
In the filter area, you can use the search for parameter mime-type.
Here is a list of type mime-type searches:
For example, if we were searching for mp4 files owned by local users you can do the following search in Drive audit.
Click on the ‘Apply custom filter’ button.
You can then apply the following search parameter.
- Select the search parameter MimeType equals video/mp4
- Click on the Add Rule button.
- From the drop-down options select ‘Sharing Flags’ doesn’t contain Shared in. This will ignore all files which are shared into your domain
Note: you have no administrative control over files shared in.
- Click on ‘Apply’ to apply the search.
- You can name this filtered search, and save it for later (this is optional).
When the search results appear you select any of the files to want to transfer ownership of, click on ‘File Operations‘ then select ‘File Management‘ from the drop-down menu.
Enter the new owner in the field provided. You can perform further actions too such as add, remove or replace permissions.
Security officer notification
Your security officer will receive an email that will ask them to approve your request. Once the request it’s approved the changes will occur.
The changes in progress can be checked in Admin log section.