With Teacher Assist teachers are given the ability to monitor and control students while class is in session. With this tool, teachers can ensure that students stay on track and follow along with the subject being taught. Having the ability to track student engagement in real-time is a big asset for teachers, G Suite super admins, and Principals.
Functionality that teachers have:
- Monitor the current screen of all students in their classrooms.
- View all of the tabs on students’ Chrome Browser.
- Close browser tabs that are irrelevant for students.
- View the browser history during the active session.
- Distribute a web page to automatically open and display on some or all students screens.
- To block a website from being used while class is in session.
- Manage the files across student’s Google Drive especially the files that relate to the classroom.
Super Admins and Principals can create a group of students whose behavior is alarming. The group can be monitored and controlled with the same abilities teachers have.
How can a teacher start a session?
1 . Launch Teacher Assist from this URL: https://teachers.generalaudittool.com/login
2 . You will see your classrooms listed.
3 . Click the start session play button.
4 . You will then see all of your students’ current page appear automatically.
How to see all of the tabs on a student’s screen?
1 . Double click on a student’s screen, to view things in greater depth.
2 . Or alternatively, click on the action drop-down where you’ll see the option VIEW.
3 . Once you have clicked VIEW, you will see the current screen the student is on. On the right-hand side, you will see the other tabs opened but that are inactive.
4 . Click on the other tabs, will force the student’s screen to change to the tab you clicked on.
How to take action on a student?
1 . Hover over the action button to see all of the individual actions you can take.
2 . You will be presented with the following options:
- Open Tab – will open a new tab on the student’s device.
- Distribute Current Page – will distribute the current tab to all other students.
- Block Current Page – will prevent all students from accessing the webpage.
- Browsing History – will show all of the webpage accessed by the student from the point of the session starting.
How to take action on all students?
1 . When hovering over the classroom action bar, you will be presented with the following options:
How to view classroom details
- To edit a Google classroom, click on the edit pen icon.