Web Filtering – Creating Site Categories using Bulk Import of Site URLs
GAT Shield offers web filtering options for G Suite super admins which allows them control of what websites are appropriate or inappropriate for users on the domain. You have the ability to block access to certain sites or categories of sites.
If you have a list of sites already from another web filtering tool like GoGuardian or Securely then you can use the import feature within the Shield Console.
Import Feature within Shield Console
Follow these Steps
- Instead of the GAT Shield console, enter the Site Access Control area.
- Click the option Upload custom category.
When the menu option appears follow these steps:
- Fill in the name of the category.
- Select whether it will be a Blocklist or Allowlist
- Provide a description, for example, “Custom Gaming Category”.
- Create a new Google Spreadsheet.
- Click on the name of the Google Spreadsheet that appears.
- Fill the Spreadsheet with a list of URLs in the first column.
- Close Spreadsheet.
- Then return to the menu option and click on the Arrow to save the custom category.
- Now to activate this category click on the arrow and make sure you Block a Blacklist and Allow an Allowlist.
- Active categories appear like this:
The above instructions showed the process to bulk import a list of URLs and to create a Blocklist or Allowlist.
Alternatively, you can manually add one by one URL to existing categories you already have in the GAT Shield console.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.