With GAT Shield, G Suite super admins can control what websites are appropriate or inappropriate for users on the domain. You have the ability to block access to certain sites or categories of sites.
If you have a list of sites already from another web filtering tool like GoGuardian or Securly then you can use the import feature within the Shield Console.
Follow these steps:
- Instead of the GAT Shield console, enter the Site Access Control area.
- Click the option Upload custom category.
- When the menu option appears follow these steps:
- Fill in the name of the category.
- Select whether it will be a Blacklist or Whitelist
- Provide a description, for example, “Custom Gaming Category”.
- Create a new Google Spreadsheet.
- Click on the name of the Google Spreadsheet that appears.
- Fill the Spreadsheet with a list of URLs in the first column.
- Close Spreadsheet.
- Then return to the menu option and click on the Arrow to save the custom category.
- Now to activate this category click on the arrow and make sure you Block a Blacklist and Allow a Whitelist.
- Active categories appear like this:
The above instructions showed the process to bulk import a list of URLs and to create a blacklist or whitelist. Alternatively, you can manually add one by one URLs to existing categories you already have in GAT Shield console.