Want to try the best Chrome extensions for teams working from home?
Your Chrome browser is the magical portal that transports you to the extensive internet world? — Yup! Probably just like now if you’re using a PC. There’s so much you can accomplish there, as well as a lot to look out for.
To that, the Google Chrome Web Store is a fantastic place to shop for extensions to boost, secure, and even personalize working from home in the Chrome browser.
But with a sea of 190,000+ Chrome extension options out there, how do you make the right pick?
Well, first you need to identify which aspects of remote work you need support with, then shop away.
To help make some choices easier we’ve created a list of 6 remote work aspects coupled with Chrome extension recommendations to support each.
Added Bonus: All of the below Chrome extensions are FREE, though some offer paid subscriptions for premium features.
6 Awesome Chrome Extensions for Teams Working from Home
1. TIM — Manage Online Meeting Time
Unnecessarily long online meetings can be a real drain — Enter TIM!
TIM Chrome extension is a FREE agenda timer for managing your online meetings’ time and flow. It’s based on the principle that every meeting minute is valuable and should be well accounted for.
- Easily creating time schedules and assigning time slots to each meeting participant.
- Calculating how much every online meeting is costing your organization.
- Set countdown alerts to visually notify participants and stay ahead of your schedule.
TIM can be used on any video conference platform. You’re only required to log in from a Gmail or Google domain account.
2. Hypercontext — Run Better Meetings
The shared agenda app allows teams to collaborate on meeting agendas for 1:1s, team meetings, and cross-functional meetings. Access hundreds of conversation starters and hold one another accountable after every meeting.
- Quickly add to a meeting agenda from any tab.
- Access meeting agendas and next steps through Google Calendar.
- Use your agenda directly in Google Meet.
- Get stuff done! Stop yourself from getting distracted on social media with GSD mode.
3. GAT Shield Personal — Chrome Audit & Security
GAT Shield Personal is a powerful extension that audits your Chrome environment to ensure optimum security and monitoring as follows:
- Track the time you spend not just on sites, but on specific pages and tasks.
- Discover all other installed extensions and have them rated based on the scope of access they require to your Chrome environment.
- View all your downloads, names of the files, sizes, where they came from, where they’re stored, and if the download was completed or not.
- See your Chrome environment settings: From IP address to the CPU you’re running on, memory total to the memory available, device location, and much more.
(GAT Labs also offers IT Security teams a powerful toolset of remote work security and monitoring tools for Google Workspace and Chrome. Read more)
4. Loom — Screen Video Recorder
Loom is a fantastic Free video screen recorder that solves one of the most nagging remote work collaboration dilemmas — showing colleagues how to do stuff on your own screen remotely.
Whether it’s how to fix a bug, a cool workaround you’ve discovered or to give a clear tutorial of a new process you’re implementing.
Using Loom you can easily record your screen and narrate with your microphone to deliver a life-like tutorial on the topic at hand.
You can also upload loom videos on YouTube and grab the share link easily with colleagues, which is super handy!
5. Google Meet Grid — See More Participants in 1 View
Visualize your Google Meets better, establish better eye contact, and see everyone simultaneously in a grid view.
Google Meet Grid is a cool extension that brings you and your colleagues around what feels like a round conference table.
6. DocuSign — Seal important deals remotely
Signing important documents remotely has never been easier with DocuSign.
This handy free extension allows you to seal important deals quickly and smoothly with the following key features:
- Sign from Gmail.
- Manage your documents from your browser.
- Status updates of documents that need your Action.
- Unlimited signing if you are the only person signing.
Well, that’s it from us today — Finding a different Chrome extension particularly helpful for remote work? Drop us a comment here and tell us about your awesome discovery.
Stay in the loop
Sign up to our newsletter to get notified whenever a freshly baked blog post is out of our content oven.