Have you checked your Spam folder yet? — No need to if you whitelist the domains that matter.
Gmail users often miss out on important emails that go straight to Spam. And let’s be honest, not many of us remember to check that Spam folder frequently. I mean it’s called ‘Spam’ for a reason 🤷♀️
Unless you’re waiting for an important email and notice that it hasn’t arrived yet, it may take you days, if not weeks, to give that Spam folder a quick skim.
The result? Missing important emails on flight status updates, banking notices and cybersecurity alerts — You see the danger there?
Why to whitelist a domain in Gmail?
Whitelisting important domains in Gmail balances out the equation of receiving too much Spam and missing out on important emails.
How to whitelist a domain in Gmail?
1.Log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the gear icon at the top right corner.
3. Click on the “See all settings” selection.
4. Go to the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab, then Click on “Create a new filter”.
5. Now, go to the ‘From’ box and type in the domain or email address you’d like to whitelist, then click ‘create filter’ at the bottom.
6. Check the box “Never send it to Spam” followed by the “Create filter” button. This will ensure emails from that domain never go to spam.
You may also want to check “Always mark it as important”.
8. On the same page, categorise the domain as primary to make sure it lands in the primary tab. Otherwise, it can go to promotions or social tabs and you may not read it.
9. Finally, you’ll see the confirmation pop-up “Your filter was created.” You’ll also be able to see the filter as shown below.
Et voila! — Now Gmail will never send emails from your most important senders to the Spam folder. All you have to do is whitelist those domains.
GMAIL BONUS TIP ⭐
Looking for creative ways to declutter and organize your Google Drive? Checkout our 5 Steps to Organise your Google Drive Marie Kondo Style.
Found this blog post helpful? Share it with your circle now and join the conversation on social media using the buttons below 👇