GAT+ as a tool has the potential to create hundreds of different reports for every section of your Google Workspace environment.
By default when GAT+ is deployed an Activity Report is being generated and sent to the Super Admins.
GAT Activity Report #
The Activity Report is sent by default to all admins once per week. The recipients will receive a weekly email called GAT Activity Report.
Activity Report Data #
The report will include:
- Document Growth – provides a better spectrum of what has happened in your domain in regard to the drive-sharing permissions. Each of the values is clickable and represents as follows:
- New docs shared into the domain – external docs shared into your domain,
- New docs open to full public view (with link) – local docs to be open to everyone (full public view),
- New docs open to limited external view – your local docs that have been shared with some external users,
- New docs open to other users of this domain – local docs open to other local users,
- New private documents added to this domain – the new private local docs added to the domain;
- Top Collaborators – External Docs – show the top local users who shared out and/or shared the external docs internally in descending order. To view each user’s collaboration, click on the number next to each user and you should be redirected to the GAT+ console that shows relevant metadata:
- Users sharing out docs
- Users sharing in docs;
- New External Domains Collaborating – Docs:
- New domains sharing files with us,
- New domains we are sharing with;
- Top Internal Collaboration Pairs – Docs – refer to the internal collaboration between your local users and it displays collaborating pairs (users’ email addresses involved in the collaboration)
- Top External Collaboration Pairs – Docs – refer to the external collaboration between local users and external users, it displays collaborating pairs (users’ email addresses involved in the collaboration – internal with external);
- Email Attachments:
- New attachments received from outside
- New attachments sent
- New attachments set internal
- Top Email Senders and Receivers:
- New External Domains Collaborating – Emails:
- New domains sending emails to us,
- New domains we are sending emails to;
- Top Internal Collaboration Pairs – Email – refer to the internal collaboration between your local users and it displays collaborating pairs in descending order;
- Top External Collaboration Pairs – Email – refer to the external collaboration between local users and external users, it displays collaborating pairs in descending order.
Edit Activity Report #
Admin can edit the Activity Report.
Navigate to GAT+ → Configuration → General → Reports
The Activity Report will be displayed, click on the (pen icon) under Actions to edit
A pop-up window will be displayed.
- Id – Default is the Activity report
- Recipients – Add or Remove the email of the users to receive this report
- Separate by a comma (non-admin user can be set too)
- Status – Enable or Disable the report
Enable the report #
Set the status of the report
- Enabled – the Activity report is enabled
Disable the report #
Set the status of the report
- Disabled – the Activity report is disabled
When ready with the changes click on the “Save” button.
Based on the selected settings, the users in the Recipients field will receive the Reports, depending on the status of Enabled or Disabled.