Actions Available when OffBoarding Users #
Using GAT Flow allows the admin to use multiple Actions when offboarding a user. Those actions can all be added and used simultaneously alongside removing the user(s).
Below are the steps required for OffBoarding a user and a list of all the additional actions that can be taken.
Open GAT+ and select Flow
A new Flow tab will be opened on your browser.
Create Workflow Type #
From the menu on the left click on Create workflow.
Create workflow window will be displayed.
- Name – enter a name for the workflow
- Type – select the workflow type
- Offboarding – Offboard users
- IMPORTANT: This action cannot be undone, selected accounts will be deleted
- All emails and files once removed can be restored within 20 days using the Google Workspace Admin console otherwise they will be gone forever
- Next – click on the button to proceed
Search For A User #
In ‘Search for a user’ pick any of the option
- Search for a user – select individual users
- Search for a group – select a group of users
- Search for an OU – select Org. Unit of users
- Proceed to actions – click to proceed further
When the users are added click on Proceed to actions.
Under Choose actions you will see a list of different actions that can be taken for the Offboarding workflow.
Fill in the details if additional steps are required
- Delete user from all groups
- Delete User calendar events
List of Offboard actions #
The list of actions that can be taken while offboarding is as follows:
- Email – actions for Google Email
- Migrate emails
- Remove email forwarding
- Remove email delegation
- Calendar – actions for Google Calendar
- Transfer calendar events
- Delete user calendar events
- User – actions for users
- Google application data transfer
- Clear recovery data
- Force sign out
- Delete user profile picture
- Delete 2-step verification backup codes
- Disable 2-step verification
- Delete app-specific passwords
- Remove user from all Google calendars
- Remove user from Google sites
- Revoke Apps tokens
- Change global directory visibility
- Remove user access to files and folders
- Group – actions for groups
- Delete user from Google groups
- Delete from all groups
- Delete only from specific groups
- Delete user from Google groups
- Classroom – actions for Google classrooms
- Remove students from all Google Classrooms
- Remove teachers from all Google Classrooms
- Devices – actions for devices
- Wipe mobile devices
- Change chrome OS device status
- Change google license assignment
When the actions are selected and filled in, click on Send approval request below the action list.
A pop-up warning message will be displayed.
The request will be sent to the Security officer for approval.
From the menu on the left click the Workflow tab to see details.
The status of the request can be
- Requested – send to Security officer for approval
- Approved – the Security Officer has approved the request
- Job status – will show the status of the current workflow job
- Scheduled – when is set to run
- Done – when the workflow has been completed
- Partially done – when completed partially
- Eye icon – click on the eye icon to view more details
- Eye icon – the purple icon on the right side will show all details for the Flow request
- Save as action set – save the Workflow as an action set for easy later use
- Edit – edit the workflow and apply changes
Workflow – view the state of the workflow and the details of the actual job that has happened.
The Result as the example above:
- Delete user calendar events – if the users had calendar events set up – they will be deleted
- Delete users from groups – if users were members of a Google group they will be deleted
- Remove user – the last action will be the actual deletion of the account
- Can be restored from the Google Admin console within 20 days