Cookies, more properly called HTTP cookies, are small bits of data stored as text files on a browser.Websites use those small bits of data to keep track of users and enable user-specific features. Using Shield an Admin can add Browsing Cookie to their website (domain) and child sub-domains Using cookies the server can obtain particular information about the browser:
- that this is not your first visit to the site
- that you are logged in to the service and many more
Additional information regarding Cookies can be found here:
Enable Cookies #
Navigate to GAT Shield → Configuration → Browsing Cookies → Add cookie
A new menu will pop-up, fill in the details required.
- Name – Enter the Cookie name
- Value – Enter the Cookie value
- Cookie domain – Select the main domain (from the drop-down menu) and pick the subdomain (optional)
- Path – Enter Path (optional)
- Save – Click on the button to Save the cookie
When the Cookie is saved, it will be set and assigned to the selected domain (site).
The Cookies gathered by the user’s browser are displayed in Shield → Browsing → Cookies
Click on the eye icon under Action to see additional details.
Edit Cookie #
The saved cookie can be Edited (pen icon) or Deleted (x icon) under the Actions tab.
Cookie Audit Log #
The Audit log shows any action made by an admin on the cookies– whether they were created/modified or deleted.
Entries in the audit log are permanent.